[thelist] Using Meta tags in CSS

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Sep 14 20:25:01 CDT 2002

> Can you only include Meta tags in a CSS and get
> the same effect you have with listing them in the web page html?

hi alice

not sure what you're asking

meta tags go in the <head>..</head> and so does the css

you cannot move them out of the page, like you can move a big honking style
sheet from embedded in the html file out to an external, linked, css file

linking a style sheet has numerous advantages, of which two are that the
body content is closer to the top of the html file, and the linked css file
can be cached by the browser

actually, you, the developer, can move meta tags out, into an include file,
but when the html file is served to the browser, the include file is, um,
included -- my apologies if that last part was not clear, holler if you
want more detail

rudy