[thelist] Mozilla bug??

Rob Schumann roblgs at cscoms.com
Mon Sep 16 11:09:01 CDT 2002

Hi Peter-Paul

Thanks for taking a look at it...

On 13-09-2002 Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

 > In Moz 1.1 Windows 98 your example works fine, scrollbars
 > appear when necessary. I never noticed such a bug, anyway.
 > Netscape 4 did have the exact bug you describe, though.

Curious... Bugzilla have tied this to a confirmed bug on all platforms, and I think I have another manifestation of the same thing... this time horizontal...

If you take a div and absolute or relative position it offset from the left side of the browser window, leaving width undefined

left:   200px;

and set text align to be right with 0 margin and padding on that side

text-align: right;
margin-right;   0px;
padding-right;  0px;

You should find it impossible to see the rhs of any text set in that div. This is the case on any recent version of Mozilla, Chimera and I assume Netscape running on Mac (OS9.1 except for Chimera, OSX 10.2).

Unfortunately I cannot test against PC versions until Wednesday at the earliest, so I'm running rather blind at the moment on that side of things...

I think I can see a possible workaround for the vertical losses, just too busy with other things right now to test it... but the rhs loss looks to be unbeatable..

Cheers

Rob