[thelist] HTML <form maxLength=?/>

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Sep 16 13:31:01 CDT 2002

Hi List,

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how large a form can be? I've got a
web app that queries for counties among the US States. In one particular
instance, I've got 7 states and of those, roughly 600 counties show up, each
with their own checkbox. So the user goes in and checks and unchecks
counties. When finished, they click the next button, that sends the form
through a parser. The app works fine for about 5 states or so. Now when I
try it with 600 or so, using method="GET" the form refuses to send. The
button just clicks. Just for S&G this is my submit button:

<form name="counties" method="GET" action="insert.asp">
  600 checkboxes +/- a few
	<input type="Submit" name="Submit" value="Next &gt;">
</form>

Stumped...

Rob.Smith