[thelist] HTML <form maxLength=?/>

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Sep 16 13:42:01 CDT 2002

Jay,

Do you really think I'm going to sit here and do:

if request.form("TX_Hays") = checked then
   string = "TX_Hays"
end if

if request.form("...

 for every single county in the United States? :-\

Rob

[snip]
Now when I
try it with 600 or so, using method="GET" the form refuses to send. The
button just clicks. Just for S&G this is my submit button:
[/snip]

You need to be POST `ing the information. GET is limited by URL length which
(at last check) was 256 characters. Everything beyond that point gets
truancated.

GET is passed through the URL, POST is passed through the response headers
(this question was on the test)	.

HTH!

Jay