[thelist] HTML <form maxLength=?/>

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Mon Sep 16 14:29:01 CDT 2002

Yeup it's really easy actually.  I see you have your checkboxes (logically)
grouped by state.  So, to get all the selected counties in say, IL, you'd do
this:

dim strILCounties
strILCounties = request.form("IL")

What you will get is a comma/space separated string of values, all the
checked ones to be exact.  Response.write it and it should look like this:

county1, county2, county3

Now you can turn that into an array with the split() function:

dim aryILCounties
aryILCounties = split(strILCounties, ", ")

Now you can loop through said array and do whatever you need to do.

Does that help?  If you need more info on array looping, etc. lemme know.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net