[thelist] next prev links for mysql result

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Mon Sep 16 17:05:01 CDT 2002

> >does anyone have a good:
> >  << Prev  1 2 3 4 5...  Next >>
> >php script for displaying mysql results?
>
> Is there any reason you can't modify what you have and put the links at
> the top of the results?
>
> If the script is too convoluted to make that possible, or if you do not
> have enough understanding to do that, then perhaps you are going down
> the wrong path ... just a thought.
>
> Here's an ASP example that I used as a basis for paging code ... the
> example they give also has the nav on the bottom, but it was trivial to
> move it to the top.
>
> http://www.asp101.com/samples/db_paging.asp

well actually I tried out another 5 or 6 and finally found on that does
everything I want, or more precisely has been built with room to add what I
want in. Mainly that involves passing search term variables in the url as well
as the info needed for the paging.

Incidently, 'paging' is the term everyone seems to use for this technique -
once you know that lots more scripts can be found on google :o)

But mine's working fine now thanks (I've just got to sort the rest of the site
out and add more content in):

http://www.1976design.com/testarea/photo/thumbnails.php

cheers - dunstan