[thelist] re: checkboxes, DOM, rows, etc

Fernando Gómez fgomez at criba.edu.ar
Thu Sep 19 17:16:01 CDT 2002

From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 7:03 PM

> id="mydocs">
> <form id="seldocsform" name="seldocsform" action="" method="">
> </form>

Well, I think we are approaching the end of the story (hopefully)...

First of all, I don't think it's a good idea to have <form> and <tr> as
the <form> element.

But that's just one detail. The most important thing, I think, is that you
use

   docBody.appendChild(myTable)

when you really want to *replace*, not append, the modified table (if I did
not misunderstand you). Try something like

  docBody.replaceChild(myTable,docTarget.getElementById('mydocs'));

[The syntax is: element.replaceChild(newChild, oldChild)]

Good luck!

Fernando Gómez

Biblioteca Dr. Antonio Monteiro
Instituto de Matemática de Bahía Blanca