[thelist] help with IIS5 and domain redirection

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Fri Sep 20 16:38:01 CDT 2002

hi.

without getting into the details (not because it's a secret but because
it's boring) i'm going to layout my problem.

two websites are on two separate boxes. one site per box. siteA and
siteB. siteA is down for repairs and is configured to redirect all it's
traffic to siteB. i would like to aggregate the two sites to one box
(siteB's box). in other words i want siteA.com and siteB.com to go to
the same place. which happens to be siteB.

how can i do this?

i think what i need to do is make siteB listen on both ip addresses
(10.0.0.3, 10.0.0.4 [for example]) and then do something to IIS so it
knows what's going on. but i'm not sure what to do.

please, if you are willing, give detailed instructions. please do not
point me to any references or help files because they all assume too
much. i need a "click here, then click here, and then click here, click
ok, click ok" set of instructions.

thanks,
chris.