[thelist] LAN File Scanner

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Sat Sep 21 03:14:01 CDT 2002

Josh wrote:

>I want to create an intRAnet webpage that searches all files on my
>school's local area network.  The idea is so somebody can search for
>shared MP3s and what not.

I have created a simple php script that simply compiles the file
structure of a folder into a database.  This means that I can perform
the more advanced queries possible in sql without much extra effort.

I use this for compiling data regarding a folder that contains backups
of all those little apps and tools that build up and get lost easily : )

I'm not sure how hard it'll be to find an extension of this that will
get more detailed info regarding the files.  Just drop me a line if you
want to see my code.

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net