[thelist] image selection via popup window

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sat Sep 21 18:21:01 CDT 2002

On Saturday, September 21, 2002, 5:20:09 PM, you said:
D> I'm creating a content management system using ASP and JavaScript.  I'm
D> trying to allow a user to browse an image gallery and select an image to go
D> with an article.

D> The only way I can figure is to use a popup window and have the filename of
D> the image clicked be sent to the previous window.

D> Does anyone have any better options?

Use a roll over. You can use links, form-items, etc... to
trigger the roll-over event. This is a system I've used
across a number of apps. Check out a number of properties on
http://www.ellidavis.com for example.

If you use a select menu, for example, you can make the
value of the select the form data that you want to use. It's
quick, easy and compact.

--
A whisper's breeze sways,
a shout's tempest breaks.