[thelist] Advice about screen readers - web, email

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Mon Sep 23 16:11:01 CDT 2002

Hello,

I am doing some research for a relative regarding programs that will
read webpages - screen readers. I was hoping someone could point in the
direction of some of this technology and also comment on their usability
and limitations. From both a web design perspective as well as from a
technological perspective. Is this a special type of browser or a type
of technology that can be used with any program to read what is on the
screen?

Also, links to demos would nice. I am interested in seeing what this
technology is like.

Thank you,

/chris

--