[thelist] using rgb values for colors

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Sep 24 18:26:01 CDT 2002

maybe i've got it all wrong, but isn't hex rbg? i mean, rgb(0,0,0) is
the same as #000000 right?

maybe that example is over simplified, but my point is that hex is just
another way of writing the values 0 to 255. so hex isn't a color scheme
like rgb, or cymk are, but rather it's a counting system like decimal
(base10). also, hexadecimal (base16).

i hope i have all these facts correct.

chris.