[thelist] Is it my Opera or the server?

Timothy J. Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Wed Sep 25 13:52:00 CDT 2002

Ken Kogler wrote:
 >> Note also that Opera provides the ability to change the useragent
 >> string

and proxy products like Proximotron (sp?) let people set whatever UA
they want

 > I've got Opera 6.05 set to identify as MSIE5, and here's my UA
 > String:
 >
 > "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows XP) Opera 6.05 [en]"
 >
 > So depending on how you filter that, I could be using Moz, IE, or
 > Opera. :)

I actually talk about the joys of the UA string on

http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/day15-instant/

 > <free advertising for TjL> I learned this from Tim Luoma's excellent
 > (and convincing!) "30 Days To Becoming An Opera Lover" series:
 > http://www.tntluoma.com/opera/lover/ </free advertising for TjL>

Thanks :-)

The server seems to be having some DNS issues, so if you can't reach it,
try the alternate DNS:

http://www.tntluoma.com/ aka http://luomat.phpwebhosting.com/

TjL

--