[thelist] e-commerce resources (Katherine Evans)

Kathy kat at katandmouse.com
Wed Sep 25 15:20:02 CDT 2002

Kat,
Can I recommend SITE-etc? I used to feel out of my league as well when asked
to build ecommerce sites, but their tools are so easy to use. Basically, if
you can create a few HTML pages and know how to put a link on your site,
you're in business - at least as far as the Web development part of it goes.

I actually was involved in the development of their tools to be sure that
Web designers' needs are considered. One of the things that was important to
me was having control over the look and feel of every page. SITE-etc gives
me that. The programmer, on the hand, made sure that the real technies had
their own bit of control as well, so the source is open, and it's easy to
get in and customize the scripts to meet your clients' needs.

The shopping cart "etcetera" is just one of many SITE-etc tools that are
available for others free with hosting. You can see how I've implemented
that and many more in sites in my portfolio:
http://www.katandmouse.com/portfolio.html

You can read about SITE-etc here: http://www.site-etc.com. All the etceteras
are in the process of being re-written into PHP to make them even easier to
implement, but the demo site for those is not online yet. Very soon, though.
Their shopping cart, in particular, has just gone through major revisions
with many new features that you won't be able to see in their demo site just
yet, but if you're interested I can get you a "backstage pass." Just let me
know.

Kathy (Kat, too)

Kat & Mouse
http://www.katandmouse.com
831.335.2152
Web design & development

Please take a moment to vote for Vanilla.com as a Top 100 culinary site at
http://chef2chef.net/rank/inter3.shtml.

A vote each day will help keep this site in the public eye and the Vanilla
Queen active in her tireless efforts to support vanilla growers.