[thelist] Multiple Submit Button per Form?

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Thu Sep 26 09:04:13 CDT 2002

Howdy Gurus!

I have some forms that when filled out will query a database for specific
information. When there are tons of records returned (frequently 10K records
+) I have "paged" them properly so that folks can work through the query set
faster.

Now it has been requested that a summary report be returned when another
button is clicked after the form is filled out. Now, I am doing this in PHP
so I could have an intermediary page that checks the name of the given
button and the redirects to either the line-item report or the summary
report. However, this requires passing the variables from the original to
form, to the intermediary, to the chosen report page. That seems a long way
to go. I have done this before though and it will not be a problem (other
than time).

I have checked the w3c and can find no reference to multiple buttons on a
form. Has anyone done this with any success, or should I just go ahead and
use the tried and true method?

MTIA!

Jay
* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003            *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                *
* New Braunfels, Texas                              *
* Contact jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com       *
* Want to present a paper or workshop? Contact now! *