[thelist] Multiple Submit Button per Form?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Sep 26 09:20:08 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Blanchard" <jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:03 AM

> I have checked the w3c and can find no reference to multiple buttons on a
> form. Has anyone done this with any success, or should I just go ahead and
> use the tried and true method?

You can have as many buttons on a form as you'd like.  If you are using the
typical <input type="submit"> then the name/value pair of the clicked submit
button will be passed to the post.  The other submit buttons will not have
their name/value pairs passed in the post.

Does this help you out?

-joshua