[thelist] Does anyone have any experience of .NET ?

seb johnson seb_johnson2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 05:45:01 CDT 2002

Does anyone have any experience of .NET ?

I have an ASP development background and am now looking into certification of some sort. I recently started MCSD training (VB6, DCOM and SQL2000) but I'm now thinking that this may be a waste of time now that Microsoft (DUCK: from flying bottles and WROX books!!) are pushing .NET and more specifically C# and the MCAD exams. The IDE looks much better than VS6 and from what I've read about C# as a language its more powerful than VB6 and VB.NET and pretty easy to pick up as well.

As a development framework and environment I think .NET actually looks really good but I'm very interested in the opinions of the Evolt community before I fully start certification - hopefully there should be a good mix of for and against opinions!

TIA

Seb