[thelist] Back in the Aeron again

Karen J. Bowen lists at miinx.com.au
Fri Sep 27 07:32:02 CDT 2002

Mark Howells wrote:
>> Is it me or now that we have WYSIWYG editors, everyone
>> claims to be a HTML coder and web designer?
>
> It's been like that for years, certainly since NN4.0. first shipped
> with a WYSIWYG editor. I'm still getting requests from clients who want
> to "have a go" at changing CSS layouts I've made, asking if I can
> "write them a quick email explaining why their changes don't work in
> Netscape 4" and "give them a quick run-down on how CSS works".
>
> Grrr.

oooo - perfect time to bring out my favourite ever post on this list,
all kudos to Chris W. Parker:

- - - - - - -
"and without being too mean (note: i said TOO mean, not mean at all), is
there ANY other profession where someone without ANY experience at all
considers themselve apart of that profession?

for example i don't go to the a hospital or write into a journal about
medicine and say "hi. i'm a doctor and i'd like to know how to do open
heart surgery and remove a cyst from my clients neck. this is my first
time, so please explain it well."

or how about an architect?

"hi i'm an architect and i was wondering if someone could tell me what
an I-beam is. thanks! please reply to my email lamer at 1337.com not the
newsgroup! and please hurry i've got a deadline with a client!!"

i'm being serious. does this sort of thing happen anywhere else? i mean,
just because i take out the trash sometimes, doesn't mean i'm a
trashman. ;)"

Karen
-------
Miinx Design & Development