[thelist] PHP and subroutines

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Fri Sep 27 12:23:01 CDT 2002

Just wondering...do/can folks use subroutine libraries with PHP?? When I
took a basic (beginning) scripting class, we used PERL, and the teacher
really, REALLY pushed subroutines stored in .lib files. And they did make
things a lot easier. I'm just wondering if there's an equivelent with
PHP...like my database connection stuff. Things that i have to do basically
every time I code a script. (and if there IS...will/can they slow down the
server processing time even further then it already is?)

Just curious about this. I've googled, and checked the evolt aricles.
Couldn't even find what I was looking for in my 30 lb PHP/MySQL guide.

As always, tia. And this isn't a life or death'er, just looking for another
easy way out :)

-Roger Harness

ps, I actually tried to send this question in a few weeks ago, and I dont
*think* it went through. If it did, then please forgive for the re-post.