[thelist] Font Size

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 14:30:05 CDT 2002

--- djinn at darkdesigns.org wrote:
> What is the best way to specify the "default" font size for an
> entire page
> in HTML? I plan to add a basic CSS to my site but would like to
> have a
> fall-back for those browsers who don't deal with CSS well or at
> all.
>
> Jean Peterson

Jean, not sure how comfortable you are with CSS, but I would suggest
using ems and percentage. That allows the user to scale, and older
browsers will just ignore it.

For example, you can set your body to:

body
{
font-size: 75%;
}

Then adjust your rules accordingly - so for your P tags you want it
"defualt" size, set it to 1 em:

p { font-size: 1em; }

or a header tag might be

h3 { font-size: 1.3em }

You can check out my site below, I use it there and it works well.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();

http://www.pixelmech.com/