[thelist] Font Size

Djinn djinn at darkdesigns.org
Fri Sep 27 23:36:13 CDT 2002

At 07:07 PM 9/27/02 -0700, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>The font tag was only brought to bear because web technology had not
>moved fast enough for the word and people were clamoring for more
>control. CSS came a bit after. But HTML is meant to communicate
>structure and semantics - NOT presentation.

Unfortunately, from what I have seen on the CSS list I'm also on as well as
articles, etc., web technology is _still_ not moving fast enough. There is
a reason that there is "Transitional HTML 4.01" and that so many people
still make straight HTML websites - most browsers don't support CSS enough
to make it practical and the ones that support most of it have so many bugs
you have to "hack" every other thing you do. It will be a while before I
can learn all of the hacks and work-arounds I'll need to know to use CSS in
the current environment. Therefore, I will be using HTML for some styling.

Jean