[thelist] Trying to create client/server model

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Sep 28 08:06:00 CDT 2002

I've got idea for a server/client application and I'm hoping to employ some
"standard" practices to make it cross platform compatible.  My idea is to
create a Java applet to handle all communication between the client and
server and use the Java Applet to perform actions on the page, such as
update form fields, swap graphics, and change the src location of frames.

Does anybody have any good resources/starting points for doing this?  Is
there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

-joshua