[thelist] [SOLVED] mac/ie background image problem

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Sun Sep 29 14:52:01 CDT 2002

Hey Jeff,

I ran into the same problem that you did when I designing my site. Mac
IE 5 will display the background image if you include that DOCTYPE, and
if you use double quotes (") in your css, like:

background-image: url("/images/tab_bg.gif");

You have to quit the browser and re-open it between tests.

If you get rid of the DOCTYPE, you're free to use single quotes (').

I know you've solved the problem, but I hope this makes it clear exactly
what the problem was.

HTH,

Beau