[thelist] Strange Konqueror rendering problem

S.tygian B.lacksmith S.tudios studio at zero.zero.xs2.net
Tue Oct 1 01:03:01 CDT 2002

Hi,

Okay, this is beyond me, so I'm hoping that someone can give me some
guidance on it.

I'm developing a site for a client, and the front page uses JS/CSS2/DOM2
to dynamically position, reposition and clip the page elements. Both the
markup and CSS pass W3C validation, and the page works in Mozilla 1.0.1,
Netscape 7, Opera 6, Galeon, IE 5.5 and IE 6. But when I load it in
Konqueror (3.0.2 running on SuSE 8.0 Pro) the text elements render, then
reposition, and then the screen clears and only the background displays.

But I don't think that this is a code problem... because it displays
fine when Konqueror loads it from the cache. It only implodes when the
page is loaded live.

Anyone have an idea why this would happen?

TIA,

S. G. Kearn