[thelist] Which Webcam for MacOS X?

Jon Hart jon at mmmpie.com
Tue Oct 1 08:29:01 CDT 2002

On 2002-10-01 at 19:51:33 [+0800], you wrote:
> Hi evolters....
>
> I'm going to be getting a mac powerbook soon and need
> to get a webcam for video conferencing to go with it,
> unfortunately I can't find any info on which webcams
> will work with OS X, or if anything will work with
> NetMeeting. Does anyone know of any webcam that does
> have drivers/software for OS X?

OSX support for webcams seems pretty sparse.
There is a project on sourceforge called macam, which supports some
webcams, and allows them to be hooked up to software that accepts quicktime.
My Quickcam express didnt work, but there is a list of cameras that do.

Im not aware of a netmeeting client for osx.

Jon.