[thelist] [OT- sorry] backing up my laptop - want to use old desktop disc

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Tue Oct 1 13:20:01 CDT 2002

Hey there,

I have a dell inspiron 8100 laptop whose 30Gb drive is in need of being backed
up.
I also have a 40Gb IBM DESKSTAR _desktop_ hardisc that I never got around to
installing in an old desktop box.

I've been searching for months now for a usb-to-hardsic cable or small unit
that will allow me to use this spare disc as a backup device - it seems a
shame to have a £100 disc just sitting in its packaging doing nothing while I
spend more money on a new system.

Does anyone know of a way of adapting this disc to suit my purposes?

If not, anyone know of an affordable way to back laptops up?

Thanks very much - dunstan