[thelist] way around frames issues?

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Wed Oct 2 13:57:27 CDT 2002

I used to build sites with the nav in a frame for easier updating. I
have switched away from that now. I still haven't looked at how to use
an include file but that is what I would suggest if you have a site with
many pages and don't want to have to update all the pages.

For old sites I have included the following code to load the page in its
frame set if someone finds your page outside the frameset page:

<!-- ONE STEP TO INSTALL FORCE FRAMES:

  1.  Copy the coding into the HEAD of your HTML document  -->

<!-- STEP ONE: Paste this code into the HEAD of your HTML document  -->

<HEAD>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Original:  CodeLifter.com (support at codelifter.com) -->
<!-- Web Site:  http://www.codelifter.com -->

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->

<!-- Begin
if (parent.location.href == self.location.href) {
// change the url below to the url of the
// frameset page...
window.location.href = 'index.html';
}
//  End -->