[thelist] FW: MAC Addresses/Physical Address!

Mark Anderson marke.anderson at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 2 16:34:00 CDT 2002

I'm trying to obtain programmatically the MAC Addresses/Physical Address for
ADSL modems! I have tried using the code I have for mac addresses on
ethernet cards (from Microsoft's msdn) but it looks like ADSL modems don't
have a mac address...

I have a client that wants to be able to uniquely identify a whole series of
pc's they have which are spread around the country and connected to the
internet and check a unique unalterable id against a central database so
they can load appropriate updates etc. Basically it's to be part of a
licensing system!

Can anyone point me in the right direction (need to do it in VB6)

Thanks

Mark Anderson
01202 775483
07802 404838 mob