[thelist] testing for Mac platform - emulators on PC?

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Fri Oct 4 00:43:01 CDT 2002

At 00:08 2002-10-04 +0200, you wrote:
>come on, switch over to nirvana... get a mac. Who knows, maybe you'll
>love it...

And if not, you'll at least have one.

>>Anybody can point me to some emulators? Anyone had good/bad experience
>>with them? Any other suggestions?

There are mac emulators. Both processor and operative system emulators,
really. But they are usually System 7 or MacOS 8 emulators, or emulating an
older mac processor, and can't run either MacOS 9 or OSX.

The best thing to do here, I think, is to actually buy a mac. If you then
run a remote client, you can have the mac at one place, and have full
access to everything from your windows or linux computer.

On the other hand, if you get a mac, there's plenty of x86 processor
emulators and virtual machine programs that you can use on that machine to
run windows. VMWare, bochs, VC etc. All in all, running a mac with a pc
emulator is far easier than running a pc with a mac emulator.

// Liorean