[thelist] Internet Explorer problem

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Fri Oct 4 13:45:01 CDT 2002

Happy Friday Everyone!

I have never had a major problem with Internet Explorer until about a
week ago.  Now I can't connect to the Internet using it.  Here are my
specifics:  HP Laptop running WinXP Pro SP1 / IE 6

At work we are behind a proxy, and at home I am using an SMC Wireless
Barricade.  When I leave work I make a quick switch - neither of these
have presented a problem before.  But now all of the sudden I am just
not able to connect.  What's worse, I can connect to get my email
(Outlook XP), and also connect to the Internet using Mozilla and
Netscape.  So this seems to be JUST an IE problem.

Has anybody else had anything like this happen, or do you have
suggestions as to what it might be?  I can't even download IE again
because it says that "I already have a newer version installed".

Thanks for any help!

Todd