[thelist] searching alternative for interdev

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Mon Oct 7 10:22:01 CDT 2002

>Macromedia Homesite is pretty decent for ASP.  It has code highlighting
>which is nice, and it will also integrate with any SCC compliant source
>control.  It's not free, but it's also very nice for plain old html or
>even jsp.

I used HomeSite for years, ever since the free 1.2 version. Recently though
I've moved on to TextPad. I switched because I started tinkering with
Python, and now am messing with PHP at home, and got tired of the Homesite
clutter.

The one thing I miss from Homesite though is the custom toolbar -- it was
*sweet*. TextPad has a menu item for custom tools, but can only hold 9. I
think Homesite's was virtually unlimited.

The best of course is Emacs, but I'm stuck on my Windows conventions, so
while I like Emacs' capabilities, I am incredibly unproductive while using
it... :\

An Emacs editor that fits inside a Windows MDI app would be nice... :)

-dave