[thelist] aligning text with bullet images

Noah St.Amand noah at tookish.net
Mon Oct 7 16:58:00 CDT 2002

At 02:12 PM 07/10/2002, Bob Haroche wrote:
>Whenever I have trouble with CSS bullet images, I simply "cheat" by adding a
>little white space above the bullet in the image editing program itself. So
>the image alignment itself hasn't changed, but the bullet's position within
>that image moves.

Thanks for that -- I actually tried that a while back, but the problem is
that I can't get Mozilla to align the text with anything but the bottom of
the bullet, unless I use a percentage for vertical-align (e.g.,
vertical-align: 20%). For some reason, Mozilla completely ignores
"vertical-align: middle". This is only a problem because IE 5.5 completely
ignores "vertical-align: 20%", but understands "vertical-align: middle". I
was using the box model hack to feed each browser the value it can handle,
but this was apparently messing up IE 6.

Thanks again, though.

Cheers,
Noah