[thelist] RE: Does the Americans with Disabilities, ADA, act pertain to Internet Content?

Stephen Nelson stephen at jetfiredesign.com
Tue Oct 8 08:14:03 CDT 2002

I think you are right on that Southwest will settle out of court, but I
don't think it is because they feel they will lose the case.  There are
still to many questions from a legal standpoint to say it would go one way
or another.  I think the biggest reason why companies are settling out of
court is publicity.

What company in todays economy wants to look like the bad guy and have it
plastered on every major media outlet.  Their lawyers are probably saying it
is a tossup and the marketing folks are shouting with all their might,
"SETTLE".

Just my two cents.  It would be nice if somebody went to court so that it
would help clear the air.

Stephen