[thelist] Posting Word Documents Vs. Creating Web Pages (Intr anet)

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Tue Oct 8 09:16:01 CDT 2002

>The benefit that I find of converting them is that they load faster and
look
>more webby.  The downside is that I have to convert them and reformat them
>which takes time as well as the fact that I have to manage changes to the
>documents whenever they are desired.

If you are using IIS you can have them indexed, which eliminates the only
*real* reason I see to convert them, namely searchability. Index Server can
index MS Office docs, and with a plugin can index PDF docs as well.

-dave