[thelist] XML Beginner Question II

Jacques Capesius jacques_capesius at cnt.com
Tue Oct 8 09:28:01 CDT 2002

Hi guys,

1st off, thanks to the folks who have helped me before, and to all of you
who help. You make my life so much easier.

I'm dinking with an ASP XML parser. I was trying to refer to an XML Node by
nodename, something like this...

XML===============================
<web_articles>
  <webObject>
	<IDNo>2</IDNo>
	<Title>Press Release 3</Title>
   </webObject>
</web_articles>

now, can I do something similar to this, to refer to the contents of the
IDNo node directly, as opposed to as a Node index like childnodes(0)?

set objElements = objXML.SelectSingleNode("web_articles")
theContent = objElements.childNodes(0).childNodes("IDNo").text
response.write(theContent)

I know the syntax for that is wrong, but hopefully you fellas get the gyst
of what I'm trying to do. thanks for any help you can give.

-jacques :)