[thelist] mod_auth_mysql & RedHat

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Tue Oct 8 12:29:01 CDT 2002

Quoth "Dave Nuttall" <dnuttall at dnlt.com>

> Regardless of the recent version of RedHat Linux, it seems like I "need" to
> update Apache, PHP, and/or shared modules.  Most of the time its not a
> problem to get things working, but for some reason I'm consistently stymied
> with "mod_auth_mysql" recompiles.

Oh, yeah.  Just ran into that little buzzsaw myself, both on Linux
and on Solaris.  Couple of things that need to be addressed.

I usually symlink /usr/local/lib/lib_mysql_auth.so.11 to the /usr/lib
directory as /usr/lib/lib_mysql_auth.so and that allows the Apache make
command to finish.

I'm puzzled too, because the Makefile seems to have the path information
that would make this symlink unnecessary; but no.  Please see the gory
details:

 http://brasscannon.com/diary/applications.html#Apache

N.B: This page wasn't originally meant to be a current reference; but I
figured people would find it on Google while looking for help building
Apache 1.3.26 to fix the recent security holes, and so it would be a
disservice to the community if I failed to update at least that part.
The "current" part is pretty well distinguished from the "historical"
part, I hope!