[thelist] Posting Word Documents Vs. Creating Web Pages (Intranet)

Nicole P nparrot at pair.com
Tue Oct 8 14:17:01 CDT 2002

> Please don't just use MS generated html.  Have some pride in your
> intranet!

I may be wrong, but I think the original poster meant to put the Word
documents AS IS, not transferring them to HTML.
That way, WORD would start on the user's machine, and voilà, document
exactly as what the user's familiar with. It's a solution I've used before,
when in a controlled environment, and if the company decdes to go from WORD
to Word Perfect, well, all documents have to be converted anyway...

Nicole