[thelist] Client wants to update page content

Richard McFarland rlmcfarland at attbi.com
Wed Oct 9 13:24:01 CDT 2002

Thanks, patrick, for your comments. Yes, the client wants to avoid paying me
to update those parts of the site that change frequently, like the menu.
Parts of the menu change every day, so he wants to be able to go into the
page at, say, 4:00pm and make changes for the day. More complicated pages,
like the newsletter, will still require my assistance.

I am not a professional web developer. My background is in fine art and
graphic design and I have no formal education or professional experience in
web development. I've learned how to do this much by lots of reading and
hanging out on lists like this one :->. This is the first commercial site
I've done, and my first foray into an all-style sheet site.

BTW-I'm taking meals in exchange for payment. I charge a flat hourly rate
and he gives it to me in gift certificates. Let's just say that I'll be
eating very well for a long time!

richard
--
Richard McFarland (rlmcfarland at attbi.com)
206-378-6942

--"The more you learn, the more there is to learn."--