[thelist] Client wants to update page content

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Oct 9 13:33:09 CDT 2002

We recently gave a nice, fast perl gizmo called FileMan a try.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/fileman/

It sits, protecting itself, in the site and can be configured to access only
a particular directory. You can upload files, download files, edit files via
WYSIWIG or text, manage archives, etc. We use it to control access to a
select group of files for editing by a certain user.

It's FREE for a single user/webmaster or only $150 for multi-user. Easy
install, easy interface. I could see you implementing includes or something
via ASP or PHP and putting the included files in the directory that is
accessible to FileMan, leaving the rest of the site free from harm.

BTW, I agree with patrick: barter whenever possible.

BH