[thelist] Detecting keypresses with Javascript

Tony Light TonyLight at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 16:45:01 CDT 2002

A little problemette has caused me a bit of a headache.
I can detect most keypresses using the Javascript window.event.keyCode property.
There are also a few more specific properties that detect whether modifier keys such as Control, Shift and Alt are being pressed at the same time.

What has eluded me is how to detect cursor keys, delete, insert, home, end, Page Up and Down, Fn keys, etc.
None of these appear to return a value for keyCode.

Is there a way of detecting when these keys are pressed?

TIA
    Tony.