[thelist] Good PHP/MySQL book?

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri Oct 11 11:16:01 CDT 2002

I know virtually all of it is available online, but I learn better when I'm
reading a book (not a monitor.)

What's the best PHP/MySQL book you've read? I'm coming from a Microsoft
centric background - ASP, MSSQL2000, all on Windows servers running IIS5.
I'd like to work toward a Unix/Apache platform, but to begin with I'd like
to get comfortable with PHP and MySQL.

I've read the docs, and even developed a playground at
http://members.evolt.org/spinhead/php/ so I'm not a complete newbie, but
close.

I'm also very interested in best practices for PHP and MySQL, but again, in
a book.

Thanks.

joel