[thelist] Re: Submitting to Search Engines

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Fri Oct 11 13:16:00 CDT 2002

I can guarantee you that the add URL feature on google is just for show.
Since the search engines started, %90 + of all sites submitted to them are
spam.  I can validate this from being an editor at DMOZ.

The reason google is the #1 search engine on the planet is because they can
filter out spam.  They do this by ranking sites based on their popularity
and content, not by submissions.

Again, the newsletters at EVOLT are, or at one time, were crawled, and
provide an avenue for being listed.

You can find out more information about google here:

http://www.cre8asiteforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=114

http://www.ask-marketing-experts.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=257

On 10/11/02 8:49 AM, "thelist-request at lists.evolt.org"
<thelist-request at lists.evolt.org> wrote:

> do you care to back this up? or shall we just take your word on it?
>
> <-->
> george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
> Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
>
>> From: Cayley Vos <cvos at netpaths.net>
>>
>> Its not possible to submit to google to be listed. That1s not how they work.
>> You were lucky and had another site link to you, or were listed in DMOZ.

Cayley Vos, Principal
office: 310-372-3086
cell: 360-303-0150
http://netpaths.net