[thelist] PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]

Russell Griechen russgri at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 12 22:37:01 CDT 2002

Does this mean that to use this version that I would have to pay for another
database and how would this impact the database that is powering my site?

The last couple of versions of PhpMyAdmin carries this:

Error
The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been
deactivated. To find out why click 'here'
Clicking on the Link...

PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]
General relation features Disabled

Info revealed:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] string
Starting with version 2.3.0 phpMyAdmin offers a lot of features to work with
master / foreign - tables. To use those as well as the bookmark feature you
will need to create a new db.

To use this functionality as superuser create a new database:
create a new database for phpmyadmin:
CREATE DATABASE phpmyadmin;
Note that "controluser" must have SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE
privileges on this database. Here is a query to set up those privileges
(using "phpmyadmin" as the database name, and "pma" as the controluser):
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON phpmyadmin.* to 'pma'@'localhost';
do not give any other user rights on this database.
enter the databasename in $cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb']

Russell Griechen