[thelist] Preventing right-clicking on a page?

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Oct 14 08:38:01 CDT 2002

There has been a lot (and I do mean a *lot*) of discussion of this topic on
The List (here for instance:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=prevent+right+click&num=20&as_dt=i&as_site
search=lists.evolt.org&safe=off
)

The general opinion is that such scripts are a complete waste of time as
there  are 1001 different ways of copying the image without using
right-clicking (screen capture, scanning the cache, reading the page source
etc).

If you really wish to protect your images, consider watermarking them with a
visible label of some sort.  However, in most cases you'll find that if
someone is truly determined to rip you off they will find a way to do it
anyway.

 Cookstour - http://www.cookstour.org