[thelist] Re: Submitting to Search Engines

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Mon Oct 14 13:54:01 CDT 2002

Being in googles database is next to worthless, as it does not mean people
will be able to find you.  If you have a site about vitamins, what good is
it to show up under www.myvitaminsite.com?  I stand by my guarantee that the
add URL form button is for show. Many sites I have worked on have never been
listed in google, yet they index them regularly. This does not mean anyone
will be able to find them.  Example:
http://www2.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=degagefurni
shings.com
Google does keep a comprehensive snapshot of the web, but if you have a
website that is an island with no bridges, it will remain so.

On 10/11/02 6:16 PM, "thelist-request at lists.evolt.org"
<thelist-request at lists.evolt.org> wrote:

> Google's "Add Url" feature is another way to get your site onto their
> spider's list of crawled domains.  It's not necessary (in fact is
> redundant) if you're linked to by another site, however if you're not,
> it most definitely helps.

Cayley Vos, Principal
office: 310-372-3086
cell: 360-303-0150