[thelist] NN4 Form Fields in TD Problem

Adam Slesinger badlanners at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 10:52:01 CDT 2002

Hey Jason and all,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had tried this as well, and even as one line
with no spaces, or line breaks, NN4 *still* puts each form field on a
separate line.  There is sufficient width in the cell, it's just inserting a
break for no reason that I can think of!  Can anybody offer any other
suggestions or explanations?

Here's a couple pics of the form.  One correct in NN7, and one inccorrect in
NN4.

http://www.breadweb.net/staging/nn4.jpg
http://www.breadweb.net/staging/nn7.jpg

Thanks again for any help!!

bread_man

"Ein halber Laib ist besser als gar kein Brot."

Since I imagine you can't make the table cell any larger, I would suggest
 using non-breaking spaces. Instead of inserting a regular space between
your
 input fields and the dashes, use the   character entity, and don't
 leave any whitespace inside the table cell. Your cell becomes:

 size="3" maxlength="3" style="width:30px;"
 value="<%=strPhone1%>">&nbsp;-&nbsp;<input type="text" name="phone2"
 size="3" maxlength="3" style="width:30px;"
 value="<%=strPhone2%>">&nbsp;-&nbsp;<input type="text" name="phone3"
 size="4" maxlength="4"style="width:40px;" value="<%=strPhone3%>"></td>

 This should force NN4 (and any other browser) to display the entire thing
on
 one line. But, I haven't actually tested this so don't hurt me if it
doesn't
 work ;-)