[thelist] [OT] upgrading Mac from OS9 to OSX, thoughts?

Jamie Bakum jamie.bakum at circle.com
Tue Oct 15 15:26:01 CDT 2002

>it's a cube, but it came out when the cube was new. so i'm pretty
>sure that makes it a G3.

All cubes, to my knowledge, are G4s, and should handle OSX without problem.

>so it looks like we'll just upgrade to the latest version of 9. (of
>course going in order of all the previous updates.)

FWIW, I'm in the same boat due to some software issues, and I can
tell you that 9.2.2 has been noticeably more stable for me than even
9.1 or 9.2.1, so if you're not up to that point, I'd recommend it if
you don't go the OSX route just yet. Also, check the Apple site for
any Cube firmware updates.

And ditto to what others have said. I'd backup everything and
reformat the disc before doing an OS X install.