[thelist] Sending out mail from the webserver

Jason Lustig lustig at buffalo.edu
Tue Oct 15 16:15:01 CDT 2002

Hey all

I'm writing a script for a website of mine, and I have a question...
what this script is, it's a birthday script. We'll have ~250 people in a
database, with their birthdays, and once a week or so, I want it to pull
the people from the database whose birthdays it is and send out e-mails
to them to to wish them a happy birthday.

Now, I know how to pull everything out of the database and whatnot, but
what I can't seem to figure out is how to set up the server so that
it'll execute this script once a week. I'm currently on IIS, and I can
use either ASP or PHP... anyone have any ideas on how to get this to run
automatically?

Thanks.

--Jason