[thelist] ODBC Text Driver w/ ColdFusion

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Tue Oct 15 19:25:00 CDT 2002

% -----Original Message-----
% From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
% [mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of .jeff
% Sent: 16 October 2002 01:16
% To: evolt.org - thelist
% Subject: [thelist] ODBC Text Driver w/ ColdFusion
%
% howdy,
%
% i'm using the merant odbc text driver that comes with cf5 to
% query log files.  i'm looping over the query results and creating
% individual log files for each unique http_host.  i'm running into
% a problem though.  it appears as if the http_host column can't
% handle more than 22 characters.

Talking to someone I know is more versed in this
stuff than I here, but have you tried getting IIS
to use ODBC logging in the first place?  Left brain
tells me that native-to-native might work better.

And of course if you're not, this suggestion wouldn't
help with older logs - unless convlog can help?

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com