[thelist] vhs video to pc

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Wed Oct 16 15:10:01 CDT 2002

If you've got a Mac with FireWire, you can use a DV camera to "bridge"
your VCR -- plug your DV camera into your Mac using FireWire, plug your
VCR to your DV camera --> Voila! instant digital video from pretty much
any source.

If you don't have a DV camera, there are some dedicated USB and
FireWire based devices that have multiple input options, allowing you
to convert directly.

And, of course, iMovie is great for anything below professional video
editing, and iDVD is pretty easy to use as well.

HTH

-- Boris